Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Reading Wednesday - Writing Magic by Gail Carson Levine

Thanks to a friend of mine, I've been reading different books on writing. This one is written for children but I honestly think it's great for any age. It was written by Gail Carson Levine, who wrote Ella Enchanted and lots of other great children's novels. I read this book after I read Writing Christian Fiction by Jeff Gerke, and I loved the parallels between the two, as well as the differences.

This book goes through different important factors in writing a novel. It does a great job of breaking things down chapter by chapter and then providing different writing prompts to practice each technique. She does differ from Jeff Gerke in that she is a fan of flowery writing when appropriate - which I think is great - the book is called Writing Magic after all. I would definitely recommend it to anyone (of any age) who wants to get into writing.


Do you have any recommendations for books about writing for me?

Bonus! My friend wrote a review on this book too. Check it out. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...