Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2022

Schnoodle Sunday - Daisy's Favorite Hangout Spots

In the office

She'll either curl up in the corner of the room or stretch out along the wall. It's adorable. But also I think I need to buy another dog bed for her just in this room.

In the living room

Her favorite hobby in general is looking out the sliding glass door and barking at everything that goes by. (We're working on this, because it is not me or my neighbor's favorite hobby for her.) She usually just stands by the door so she can jump while she's barking, but once she dragged a pillow over and sat on in like a princess as she gazed out the window.

During the day while I'm working she sometimes likes to chill on the couch. Less common for her because she has FOMO and if she's in the living room, she has to see what's happening outside. :P

Her crate is usually in the living room and she sometimes chills there too.

There's currently a pile of blankets on my living room floor (set aside for laundry) and they have currently been claimed by Daisy as her own personal dog bed. She's made a nest and everything. (I originally bought her a dog bed to rest in in the living room but every night it would end up next to the bed so that's where I figured it should live. That, and she was clearly capable of moving it if she so wished.)

In the bedroom

During the day she spends a lot of time sleeping on the bed. At nighttime she will usually only curl up with me in the winter. I think the bed is too open and I'm to restless for her the rest of the year. :P

At night one of her favorite places to sleep is the closet. Due to the shape of my closet, part of it is definitely like a little den for her. When I moved in to my apartment I didn't have a bed for the first day so I slept in my sleeping bag. Then I threw it in the closet so it was out of the way. Daisy has quickly adopted it as her own. I think she likes it especially because the fabric is soft but still cool. Essentially it's the perfect place for a doggo - dark, comfy, cool, and surrounded by the scent of her owner. <3

Recently she has started hanging out under the bed, which is sort of a weird place? There's not a ton of space, she has to army crawl while she's under there. But she's going there voluntarily and she doesn't seem stressed about it so... another hangout to add to the list I guess.

Last but not least is her dog bed. It is right next to the head of the bed, so I can just peer over the edge and see her while I'm in bed. At night it's probably a 50/50 split of whether or not she'll sleep in the bed or the closet.

I know this is sort of a random post, but it was fun to write because I love my Daisy dog. <3 Give your dogs (or other pets!) some extra snuggles on my behalf.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...