Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sippin' Saturday

I have a slight obsession with trying new, fun drinks. So every Saturday, I’m going to review new drinks that I’ve tried that week – or share with you old favorites.

This morning I had to wake up “early” to go buy tickets for NAU’s Choral Union Holiday Dinner. And I still have a slightly sore throat from the cold I caught this week. So I figured it would be a perfect time to try a new tea from Starbucks. After conversing with the barista, I decided to try a Chai Tea Latte.
This is a warm, sweet, milky drink with the perfect balance of spices. It was cinnamon-y and nutmeg-y and it tasted like Christmas in a cup (without the peppermint perhaps). I wish it were Christmas already! Not only did I have a chai tea, but it’s getting chilly outside, I’ve already gotten sick, and we are already practicing Christmas music in handbells.

I made another great discovery earlier this week when class got out early and I asked for a recommendation from a friend. The Cinnamon Dolce Latte is the perfect balance of coffee and cinnamon. It definitely has a coffee flavor (some people don’t like this), and it is a moderately sweet drink (enough that I like it, but not as strong as say, a white mocha). The cinnamon taste just makes it a perfect fall drink.

On a side note, I finally got that reusable Starbucks cup that I've wanted forever (now I can have my coffee and be nice to the environment too!) thanks to a giftcard from my aunt and uncle and family. =)

My awesome Starbucks cup =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...