Pages

Monday, July 24, 2017

Learning Spanish

Spanish is the first foreign language that I've learned. I know it a lot better than a lot of the other ones I've dabbled with. I want to share with you some ways that I reinforce what I know.


Duolingo

I already shared this app with you in my post Learning French, but I wanted to mention it again, because it's awesome! While I learned most of the Spanish I know through school, this app is great for keeping me in practice. It now has bots, where you can "chat" with different characters. I love this because it gives you practice speaking conversationally, and not just in an informational way.




Watching Movies/TV Shows in Spanish

This is a great way to learn new vocabulary, and to practice listening to Spanish - which I find more difficult than reading. I tend to choose to watch children's movies/shows that I have seen before, so I'll understand the story even if I get a little lost with the Spanish. :) Netflix has Spanish language options for different Disney and Dreamworks movies. I like watching Home, Barbie's Life in the Dreamhouse, and The Emperor's New Groove. I watch without subtitles, otherwise I find I'm just reading the whole time.



Pop Music
There is a lot of great Spanish music out there! Some of my favorite songs include:

* Quien Le Va a Decir by Luis Fonsi
* Danza Kuduro by Don Omar
* Wavin' Flag by K'Naan
* A Dios Le Pido by Juanes
* La Gozadera by Gente de Zona
* Bailando by Enrique Iglesias
* Ai Se Eu Te Pego by Michel Telo
* La Copa de Vida by Ricky Martin
* La Vide Es Bella by Ana Isabelle
* Moviendo Caderas by Yandel
* Vivir Mi Vida (Version Pop) by Marc Anthony



Books

I also practice my Spanish by reading different books. I find that picture books are (surprisingly) harder for me to understand than early reader/chapter books, just because they lack surrounding/supporting text for words I don't know. I've found that the Magic Treehouse series and Scooby-Doo novels in Spanish are about at my level. ;)


💗 Annette

1 year ago: Learning French

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...