Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pork and Herbed White Bean Stew

This recipe is adapted from the recipe here.

Ingredients:
1 can white beans
Oil (I used vegetable oil)
1 pound cooked pork, shredded or cubed
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
2 cups chicken-breast
1/2 cup water
1 pinch thyme
1 pinch sage
2 cups coarsly chopped onion
1/2 cup coarsly chopped carrot
6 garlic cloves, coarsly chopped

Directions:
1. Add beans (rinsed), pork, salt and pepper to large pot. (I used pork roast that had been cooked in a slow cooker with onions). Add broth, water, thyme and sage and bring to a boil. Let simmer while completing the next step (About 30 minutes).
2. Chop veggies and add to a separate frying pan to saute. Saute using vegetable oil, as needed. I cheated a little bit and just chopped up baby carrots. (But now I have a snack for later!)
3. Once onions are tender (slightly browned) add vegetable mix to pork mixture. Stir together. Cover, and let simmer 30 minutes, or until broth is desired consistency.

This was delicious! Although simple, I was pleasantly surprised at the results. My broth was sort of think, and I ran out near the end, so I just scooped it on top of some rice. It lasted me for many meals, since I live on my own, but would be a great meal for a family as well.

Ingredients

Pork Mixture


Veggies!
Stew!
The finished product! Yum!

Linked up at

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...