Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Pinspiration Day 1: The No-Equipment Workout

My inspiration, this pin

The article it links to provides seven different exercises that only require the use of a wall (hence, the no-equipment workout). The article claims that by doing these every other day, you can lose two pounds a week. I can't verify that this is true, but I can tell you that it's an intense workout. My sister and I (I'm out of shape, 21, and my sister is in track, mildly in shape, 15) tried it, and here's what we found:

1. Sit-n-sculpt - This one was effective and I can tell I'll be sore tomorrow. It worked out a very large amount of my muscles, but was still possible with me being a bit out of shape.
2. Side slimmer (pictured above) - This one wasn't even possible for me and my sister could only manage it for maybe two seconds. Yikes.
3. Climb the wall - Another impossibility, for both of us.
4. Arm-Flab Fighter - Looks funny, but fun and hopefully effective.
5. Pike Position - Is this possible? For anyone?
6. Booty Bridge - Another excellent exercise. You can really feel it after about ten reps.
7. Pumped Up Plank - Possible in the modified version. I could only do it for 30 seconds, but I'll work my way up there. =)
8. Burpees - These let you finish the workout with your heart pumping like crazy.

I wasn't able to do the entire workout, but I feel like I accomplished a lot in a little amount of time and with no equipment needed - no sneakers either.

This pin, and many others are available on my Fitness board. If you want to follow me, click the Pinterest link to your right. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...