Pages

Monday, March 21, 2016

New Years Resolutions

I know what you're thinking - "why is she writing about New Years resolutions in March??" Because this year, I'm actually doing stuff towards my resolutions, and I wanted to share. I've learned new things and I'll have follow-up posts throughout the year to share. Hopefully this will allow you to learn new things and provide motivation to do new things yourself. And for me I will hopefully be able to look back and the end of the year and see how I've grown.

Overall, my New Years resolution was to be better at "adulting." As a twenty-something year old, I feel like I still don't quite have it down. I broke my resolutions into general categories. (You could also do this by role, eg. aunt, daughter, professional, daughter of God, etc.)

Cooking
Cleaning
Budgeting/Finances
Excersize
Hiking (which sort of falls into the other category)
Familial roles (aunt, sister, daughter)
Beauty
Planning ahead
Volunteering
Blogging
Crafting
Reading
Furthering Education

As you can see... there's a lot. But the goal isn't to do everything at once, and I'm not going to be disappointed in myself if nothing happens. Because I know people often give New Years resolutions a bad rap, but if the worst that can happen is nothing and the best that can happen is you become a better person... it certainly can't hurt.

So far, I've been improving about one of these areas a month. I want these to be permanent, part-of-my-life changes, so even if I don't master "adulting" in one year, I know I'll be better at the end than when I started.

Anyone have advice for me? In any of the above areas? School definitely doesn't prepare you for this!

Oh! And I'm going to try to start posting regularly, on Mondays and Thursdays. Hopefully for real this time. :P

Look! It's me! All bundled up in Washington D.C. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...