Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dining with Joy

Something new every day, right? So here’s a book I just finished and enjoyed.

My favorite genre of book is Christian Chick-Lit. There is always a happy ending, and it’s a nice escape from “real life”, my job, whatever. They’re usually light, easy reads. This is the first time I’d tried this author (for other good books in this genre, check out Melody Carlson or Erynn Mangum).

"Dining with Joy" by Rachel Hauck is about a cooking show host named Joy who took over the business after her father’s death. Thing is, she can’t actually cook. And for this year’s show, the production manager wants to add a brand new cohost. This is a lovely Christian romance book, with nice plot twists, and unexpected turns. The only downside of this book would be the amount of time it took to get to the “happy ending”. Otherwise, I would definitely recommend it.

Also, apparently there are two books “before” it, story-wise, “Love Starts with Elle” and “Sweet Caroline”. To be honest, I don’t think you have to read them first. I sure didn’t.

Here’s a link to the book on amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...