1. I didn’t notice the “Use size H hook” thing on the side, so I used a size J hook instead. It may have made the earwarmer a little bit bigger, but it seems fine to me.
2. It never clarifies if you should chain three before turning - I did, and counted it as my first stitch in that row. For most of the pattern, you need 9 stitches per row.
3. I made the flower in my school colors, because I’m a big fan of school spirit.
4. Also, the flower directions are hard to understand. When it says “sc around the first spoke”, it means the first spoke of the original flower – your original 4 chain loop. For some reason, I felt it would be a good idea to single crochet around each spoke in the bigger flower – it didn’t work out so well the first time.
5. Instead of sizing it and then single crocheting the two ends together, I just sewed a large button on one side, so that it would be easily adjustable.
Here are some pictures. I love this project! I think I might make another one, only in black/gray and with the right hook size next time.
What it looks like all spread out
Me, sporting my new, awesome, earwarmer!