Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Back Home Again by Melody Carlson

So my goal this year is to read one book a week. Am I a bit behind? Yes. But to be fair, I spent a bit of time re-reading book Harry Potter, but in Spanish. Which is harder than it sounds, at least for me. =) But anyways, here's the latest book I've read.

The main characters in this book are three sisters who have recently lost their dad (the sisters are in the sixties-ish) and are left wondering what to do with the house he left all three of them. They decide to turn it into a bed and breakfast- but there are many obstacles in their way, including resistance from the small town they live in. This is a cute Christian story about sisters working together to achieve their dreams.

While I enjoyed this book (it is by my favorite author) and I look forward to reading the next book in the series, it's a slower book, perhaps suited more for an older person with a cup of coffee on a cold day.

Here's a link to the book on amazon.

In other news, my birthday is next Monday. Which means - lots of free food! I signed up for a bunch of "birthday clubs" in July, and now I have plenty of coupons to use. Today I got a free meal from Rubios. It was deeelicious.

Pork carnitas anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...