Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

I'm a redhead!


Okay, well, sort of. I tried to dye my hair red, but to be honest, it's still pretty much brown. It was fun though. For those of you who have never dyed your hair before, ('cause I hadn't until today), here's how it works:

1. After mixing dye, saturate your hair with it. Make sure you are wearing gloves.
2. Let sit for 25 minutes or so.
3. Rinse hair out.
4. Condition your hair and let sit 2 minutes before rinsing.
5. Dry hair
6. Apply highlights. (Gloves again)
7. Let sit 15 minutes or so.
8. Rinse out.
9. Condition again with color-preserving conditioner. Let sit for 3 minutes before rinsing out.
10. Dry again!

This is the color I tried to dye it. To be honest, it's pretty close to my original brown, but with red and blond highlights, but it looks much nicer than it did before. It's lighter, and I've never had highlights before (fake ones, anyways). Plus, my hair is soft with all the conditioning in the process. Maybe sometime in the future, spring break maybe?, I'll dye my hair blond, and then red, so it will turn out better. Who knows? It was a fun experience and I had fun hanging out with my friend. (Who also did most of the dying, and did a pretty good job.) =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...