Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Crocheted Sheep

This week was the closing mass for the first graders I teach religious education to. Since I love crocheting and my first graders are pretty awesome, I made them each a crocheted sheep. This pattern is from "Chicks with Sticks Guide to Crochet", which is a totally awesome book! The sheep is adorable, relatively easy and makes a great gift for end-of-the-year catechism gifts. I attached a Bible verse to each sheep with ribbon- there are a lot of great sheep related options out there! Two that I didn't use is the "good shepherd" verse and the "I know my sheep and my sheep know me" verse. Instead, I chose Luke 15:4 which reads (In New American version)

"Which man among you having one hundred sheep and losing one of them would not leave the ninety-nine in the desert and go after the lost one until he finds it?"

Pyramid of sheep!

Close-up

With the ribbon and Bible verse

Sheep in a box. With all my craft supplies around

They're technically supposed to have legs, but I didn't feel like making 44 of them. So they're a bit more like sheep blobs. But still adorable. =)

On another note, I got a really fabulous and super cute catechist gift, and I wanted to share it with you too. Perhaps you could give something similar to a teacher for and end of the year gift?


It's one of those awesome reusable iced coffee cups! It has the church's logo on it, which I think is super cool. It is also filled with chocolate (love!), more specifically, Hershey's treasures. The note on the straw says "You are a treasure! You are loved! <3 Thank you from your SFdA Parish." And there's a ribbon tied around it. Too cute! And practical! And chocolate-y!

Anyways, happy Funky Friday. I know I'm 39 minutes late, but that's not my fault. My computer just hates finals as much as I do. =)

Linked up at


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...