Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Healthy Thursday

Hey! So I'm trying out a lot of new health ideas, and I'd like to share them with you. For one, I'm exercising and eating healthy because it's good for my body - not to fight against it.

Food:
This is a picture of my packed lunch. I  know it's not perfectly proportioned, but it's a whole lot better than what I was eating before! Correct proportions for each meal should be: 1/2 fruits and veggies, 1/4 grains and 1/4 protein. I'm guilty of eating much more grains that I should, but at least I switched to whole wheat. That's a step right?


This meal is comprised of:
Peanut butter and honey sandwich on whole wheat bread
Whole grain popcorn
Baby Carrots
Strawberries
100% Juice

Now just grab a yogurt or a cheese stick and you're good to go!

Fitness:
On Pinterest I found these awesome workouts that I just started trying today.

This one I do as a "warm-up" do build my ability to do all of these things. I've added plank position to this list (10 seconds for the first week, 15 seconds for the second week, etc.). This is from downtownn.tumblr.com.

These are awesome! They're visually appealing and for some reason, that makes me more motivated to work out. I like the variety - it's not just running on an elliptical for an hour, which is boring. These are from thinspo-exoh.tumblr.com.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...