Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Maple Citrus Pork Chops

At the beginning of this semester I bought a whole pork loin (or roast, I'm not sure). Anyways, I ended up with 18 pork chops, and I'm trying very hard to find something to do with them all! I honestly have no idea where this recipe came from, my mother just e-mailed it to me with the subject line "Pork choppie sounds good". And it looked good, so I tried it. The overall result is very very citrusy. Which is fantastic to go with a stir-fry (think the pork version of orange chicken), but not so great by itself. So if you make this, at least make some rice and maybe some veggies to go with!

Ingredients:
4 pork chops
Salt (Or a seasoned salt)
Pepper
Flour
Olive Oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
juice of 1 lemon
juice of 1 orange (or another lemon)

Directions:
Season pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper, dust with flour. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. (Cool tip from my roommate - you have to cook pork on a medium or low heat [not high like my impatient college self is used to] because otherwise the outside will cook too quickly and the inside will be raw). Cook the chops for about 5 minutes on each side, until browned. While this is happening, in a bowl combine maple syrup, brown sugar, lemon juice and orange juice. Add this mixture to the pork chops. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, turning a couple of times to keep the chops coated in syrup. Uncover and cook for about 5 minutes more, turning once or twice.

I don't have a juicer, so I just cut the citrus in quarters and squeezed. My hands were covered in juice (so don't do this if you have a cut!), but it worked pretty well.

Who needs a juicer?

Don't they look delicious?


Why were these pictures taken on a paper plate? Because I'm a poor college kid and I used my one "real" plate to defrost the pork. =P

Happy Tasty Tuesday!

Linked up at  and

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...