Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Top 5 Books of 2016

This year I read 40 books! Here are my five favorite of the ones I've read this year (regardless of the year they were originally published).

What If by Randall Munroe
A fun and quirky book about science. This is the type of non-fiction I love. Plus, it really helped reignite my interest in science, especially physics. I read this book in a day.


Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
I read this series out of order, so I read this one last even though it's second in the series. I loved it. It's a super cute cliche chick lit about a quirky girl named Lola. I loved Lola's character - she had character. She was always wearing a quirky costume-type outfit (like a red plaid picnic-blanket dress and ant earrings) and she wasn't afraid of being unique. It was great to read about a non-cookie-cutter character.



Crash by Lisa McMann
I love Lisa McMann's books. They're always unexpected, a break away from the cliche. This book is about a girl who can see the vision of a crash happening in the future. No other premonitions, nothing. She's got to figure out why she's the one seeing the vision and try to figure out how to stop the crash.



Batter Up by Robyn Neely
I'm sure I mentioned it before, but I went through a "baking themed chick-lit" phase this year. This was one of my favorites. It's about a woman who can only do one magic spell - making cupcake batter spell out a man's soul mate. By coincidence, a news reporter finds out about the spell and wants to run a national article about it - possibly ruining her and her small town.



Curtsies and Conspiracies by Gail Carriger
This is book two in the Finishing School series. Normally I wouldn't put a sequel on this list, but this one gets it's place. The first book in this series was so-so. Not phenomenal, but enough that I wanted to read the sequel. And it was worth it! The first book is mostly world building and in this one the plot really picks up. The series is about a girl who goes to "Finishing School" (aka, spy school) on a flying dirigible in a steampunk era. It's awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...