Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Camp Geronimo Chapel

Since it’s Sunday, I think it would be a great idea to share with you a different church with you each week. I definitely saw/visited plenty while I was in Europe! And there are definitely some cool ones in the United States as well.

I’m going to start with the one I went to over the summer. It’s not a real church, but it’s where I celebrated mass while I worked at the Girl Scout camp. Located in Camp Geronimo is a Catholic chapel. The altar is rustic and there is a little wooden ramada protecting the altar. On a tree behind the altar is a sign that says “When you don’t have time to pray, ask God to help you along the way”. The rest of the “church” is just wooden benches secured in the dirt. Attending mass (church service) here is awesome – you are basically in the middle of the woods praising God! Which is pretty awesome. There’s nothing like going to church while surrounded by His creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...