The original recipe is from myrecipes.com.
Grilled Pepper, Onion and Sausage Calzones
Homemade Pizza Dough
1 package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
1 1/4 cup cold water
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
5 1/2 cups flour
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water, let stand five minutes. In another bowl combine cold water, oil, sugar and salt.
2. Combine yeast water, cold water mixture and 5 1/4 flour in large mixing bowl. Mix with hands or on low with a stand mixer until dough begins to form. Knead bread until "smooth and elastic", or about two minutes. Add last 1/4 of flour to dough as you are kneading it to prevent it from sticking.
3. Divide dough in half and place in ziploc bag or tupperware. Seal and chill overnight up to two days.
Homemade pizza dough
1 sweet onion
2 bell peppers
1 pound Italian sausage links
1 can pizza sauce
1 package shredded mozzarella cheese
1.Remove pizza dough from fridge and let stand at room temperature for an hour.
2. Warm up grill.
3. Cut onions into flat slices and bell peppers into eights or so. Grill vegetables until browned.
4. Grill sausages about eight minutes or until done, making sure they are brown on all sides.
5. Cut onions into smaller slices (two inch long strips) and cut bell peppers into half-inch strips. Cut sausages into diagonal slices.
6. Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Divide each ball of dough into four equal portions. Roll each portion into a 9x5 inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Spread pizza sauce on rectangle; add sausage over half of rectangle. Top with onions and bell peppers and then about 1/3 cup cheese. Fold dough over, press edges together to seal. (You need less ingredients than you think!)
8. Put the calzones on a cookie sheet. Coat them with cooking spray (or brush them with oil). Bake for fifteen minutes.
9. Wait until they are cool and then enjoy! These can also be frozen for later snacks.
Ooey Gooey Deliciousness