Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Music Monday

So this week I bought three new tunes that I want to share with you. (Apparently Miscellaneous Monday is also now Music Monday =))


Your Hands by JJ Heller

This is just a great Christian song. A friend first shared it on facebook, but I didn’t think much of it. Then, a couple of girls sang it on our pilgrimage, where we met in hotel in Switzerland, to share our spiritual journeys while there. It is just a beautiful “you are loved” type of song. It makes me happy

Something in the Water by Brooke Fraser

This is the happiest song I’ve heard in a long time. It was introduced to me while riding a bus through Europe – there’s not much else to do besides listen to music. (A couple of friends tried to introduce me to metal music on the same trip). If you need a pick-me-up song, this is the one.

Crown of Thorns by Danielle Rose

This song gives me chills every time I hear it. I first heard it at World Youth Day, in a stadium in Madrid, Spain. The song depicts the passion of Christ from the point of view of the rose that made the crown of thorns. It is sung accapella, which gives it a beautifully eerie tone. Danielle Rose, who sings it, has an amazingly gorgeous voice that sounds just as amazing in person (the whole stadium was silent as she sung). She’s also a super nice, happy, upbeat person. This is a great song to meditate upon, perhaps while praying the rosary. Anyways, you should give it a listen.
Here’s a picture of Palacio de Deportes, where I first heard Crown of Thorns


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...