Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Amigurumi Funky Friday!

I missed posting these before Christmas, but they are still very winter-y, so you could still make them. Or get a head start on Christmas gifts and decorations for next year!
The Amigurimi Snowman

I made this little guy while waiting for my turn to perform at NAU’s Holiday Dinner. He’s super quick and easy to make, and is quite adorable, if I do say so myself. The only thing I couldn’t do was give him a proper nose – it just looked too weird. But he looks a bit weird without as well. All the same, he’s now a part of my Christmas amigurumi decoration collections. I didn’t use the homespun yarn for all of it – just his body. I used normal worsted weight for the rest. Although I did discover that I own the red stuff… next year, I’m going to make the santa!


Here’s the link to this guy: (http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80967AD.html?noImages=&newreg=1&r=1 )

The Amigurumi Snow Mouse

Although I’m usually a huge fan of mice (I collect anything and everything mice, if it’s cute), I’m not a fan of this little guy. He looks sort of like Dumbledore in Harry Potter Puppet Pals. His hat is huge, and his smile turned out a bit creepy looking. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.



His link: (http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80968AD.html?noImages=)

Amigurumi Reindeer

This is probably my favorite amigurumi I’ve made yet. He’s adorable!! I edited the colors a bit, since I didn’t have the sparkly yarn required. He took a lot of sewing to put together (so many different parts!) but it was totally worth it. I even had a friend of mine request that I make one for her. =) He sits perched atop my TV to bring constant Christmas cheer.



Here’s the link for this one: (http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80971AD.html?noImages=&r=1)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...